600 North Wolfe Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21287
From the 1889 opening of The Johns Hopkins Hospital, to the opening of the School of Medicine four years later, there emerged the concept of combining research, teaching and patient care. This model, the first of its kind, would lead to a national and international reputation for excellence and discovery. Today, Johns Hopkins uses one overarching name—Johns Hopkins Medicine—to identify its entire medical enterprise. This $5 billion system unites the physicians and scientists of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine with the health professionals and facilities that make up the broad, integrated Johns Hopkins Health System.