Group Intervention to Increase Physical Activity in Childhood Cancer Survivors
1. Cancer survivors ages 8-12 years.
2. Off therapy for at least 3 months and not more than 5 years and in remission.
3. Medical clearance to participate in physical activities from the survivor's primary
4. Self-report of < 60 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity (MVPA) per day.
5. Must be able to ambulate.
6. Signed informed consent/assent.
Type of Study:
Allocation: Randomized, Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Supportive Care
Change in level of physical activity
Physical activity will be measured with Accelerometers worn for 4 days pre-study and six months later
Outcome Time Frame:
change from pre-study and at 6months after camp
United States: Institutional Review Board
- Pediatric Cancer
- Childhood Cancer Survivors
|Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center