Cancer Biology of Retinoblastoma
- Patient must have retinoblastoma
- Patient must be receiving biopsy, partial surgical excision of the tumor, complete
excision of the tumor, or enucleation of the eye as part of their standard care.
- Parental consent
- Diagnosis other than Retinoblastoma
- No surgical sampling of tumor is planned as part of standard care
- Parental preference to not participate.
Type of Study:
Observational Model: Case-Only, Time Perspective: Retrospective
Change in efficiency of reprogramming in cells with "naturally occurring" retinoblastoma mutations
Comparison of number of reprogramming events (defined by colony formation assay and normalized for number of cell plated) as well as the time to reprogramming.
Outcome Time Frame:
After appropriate time, e.g., 7, 10, 14 days after reprogramming
United States: Institutional Review Board
|Stanford University Cancer Institute
||Stanford, California 94305