Perioperative Magnesium Sulphate as a Cerebral Protector in Neurosurgical Patients
- Male and females older than 18 years.
- Undergoing supratentorial parenchyma resection surgery.
- Capable of collaborate on probes and explorations included in the study.
- Signature the written informed consent form.
- Life expectancy less than 12 months due to the suspected histological type of tumour.
- Hypothalamic-pituitary axis illness.
- Presence of Melanoma previously.
- Glomerular filtration rate less than 60 mL/min.
- Thyroid or parathyroid glands pathology.
- Myasthenia gravis.
- Respiratory depression.
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Type of Study:
Allocation: Randomized, Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment, Masking: Double Blind (Subject, Caregiver, Investigator, Outcomes Assessor), Primary Purpose: Prevention
Serum S100B protein
Outcome Time Frame:
2 hours after the end of the surgery
Neus Fabregas, MD PhD
Hospital Clinic of Barcelona
Spain: Spanish Agency of Medicines
- Seizures (Incl Subtypes)
- Brain Tumor
- Brain Neoplasms