MicroRNAs as Disease Markers for Central Nervous System Tumors in Patients With Neurofibromatosis Type 1
- Patients ages 2 years to 21 years.
- Patients with NF-1 being followed in the Neurofibromatosis Clinic.
- Patients have had MRI imaging in the 24 months prior to enrollment on the study.
- Patients may have known concurrent malignancies such as plexiform neurofibroma.
- Patients and/or parents/legal guardians must have signed an informed consent and
assent when applicable.
- Patients who have had prior tumor-directed therapy (including chemotherapy and/or
- Patients with a prior or current diagnosis of a malignant peripheral nerve sheath
- Patients who are considered too ill to participate as determined by their treating
- Patients who are pregnant or lactating
Type of Study:
Observational Model: Case-Only, Time Perspective: Prospective
Evaluate miRNA expression patterns in tissue of low grade gliomas
Outcome Time Frame:
Rishi Lulla, MD
Ann & Robert H Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
United States: Institutional Review Board
- Neurofibromatosis Type 1
- Nervous System Neoplasms
- Neurofibromatosis 1
- Osteitis Fibrosa Cystica
- Central Nervous System Neoplasms
|Children's Memorial Hospital||Chicago, Illinois 60614|