A Phase II Study of Amifostine for the Prevention of Acute Radiation-Induced Rectal Toxicity
- pathologically confirmed rectal cancer, preoperative stage II / III (T3-4N0 or T1-4N
- tumor distance from anus less than 12 cm.
- KPS score not less than 70
- can be tolerated chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- pelvic who had no history of radiation therapy.
- Non-allergic history of fluorouracil or platinum-based chemotherapy drugs.
- blood pressure can be controlled by drugs in the normal range (90 ≤ systolic blood
pressure ≤ 140,60 ≤ diastolic blood pressure ≤ 90).
- a full understanding of the study, the ability to complete all of the treatment plan,
follow up the conditions and sign the informed consent.
- other malignancy (past or at the same time), does not include curable non-melanoma
skin cancer and cervical carcinoma in situ; does not include resectable primary colon
cancer (synchronous or metachronous).
- pregnant or lactating patients.
- fertility but did not use contraceptive measures.
- existing active infection.
- merge serious complications, can not tolerate the treatment, such as 6 months of
myocardial infarction, mental illness, uncontrollable diabetes or uncontrollable
hypertension or hypotension.
- concurrent treatment with other anticancer drugs.
- can not complete treatment or follow-up.