Medico-economic Comparison of Robot-assisted Radical Prostatectomy Using the da Vinci System Versus Radical Prostatectomy Via Laparotomy
The secondary objectives of this research are to compare the following between the two
- The actual cost of the surgical prostatectomy.
- Erectile function at 0, 1, 6, 12 and 24
- Oncological results at 1, 6, 12 and 24 months.
- Functional results at 0, 1, 6, 12 and 24 months.
- Quality of life at 0, 1, 6, 12 and 24 months.
- Complication rates at 1 and 24 months.
Observational Model: Case-Only, Time Perspective: Prospective
Overall cost (€) of patient care
Cost of surgical treatment of localized prostate cancer by radical prostatectomy (robot-assisted or conventional retropubic laparotomy) and its follow-up for 2 years. All medical resources consumed will be evaluated during the first 2 years after surgery.
Stéphane Droupy, MD PhD
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nîmes
France: Afssaps - Agence française de sécurité sanitaire des produits de santé (Saint-Denis)