Outcome of Multidisciplinary Education Programme in Self-care in Fatigue Lung Cancer Patients Who Receiving Chemotherapy Treatment
Educate of self-care by Oncology nurses to relieve and prevent the fatigue of cancer
chemotherapy, and provide the manual to read at home, take about 15 minutes. By using home
exercise program, 30 minutes of physical education. Teaching and demonstration exercises of
the muscles to breath and conservation of energy during exercise and record the
exercise/walking diary, the nutritional education nutrition counseling, psychiatric
assessment,self-care prevention of depression.
1. Aged 45-65 years.
2. Has been diagnosed lung cancer stages 3-4 must be chemotherapy is platinum-based, and
had received chemotherapy for at least one time, must be in the range of 2-4 cycles
3. Performance status: ECOG 0-1
4. No problem hearing it.
5. Read and write Thai.
6. Be willing to cooperate in research. And signed a joint research
1. The complications include: high fever, severe nausea and vomiting.
2. Injection drug use in diabetes treatment.
3. Ischemic heart disease with heart arrhythmia and the drug continuously.
4. Is unable to daily living. Caused by defects in movement, and severe osteoarthritis,
muscle atrophy, paralysis or walking flat less than 10 meters.
Type of Study:
Observational Model: Case Control, Time Perspective: Cross-Sectional
Measure fatigue by questionnaires
Outcome Time Frame:
August 2011 to august 2012 (up to 1 year)
Kotchukorn Wnagnum, Msc (nurse)
Thailand: Ministry of Public Health
- Lung Cancer
- Lung cancer
- Multidisciplinary self care programme
- Lung Neoplasms