Risk Factors for Recurrence of Hepatocellular Carcinoma After Radiofrequency Ablation
1. Proved diagnosis of HCC according to AASLD practice guidelines (Bruix and Sherman,
2. Patients underwent RFA for HCC with BCLC (The Barcelona-Clinic- Liver-Cancer staging
system) stage A (Bruix and Sherman, 2005) with no eligibility or ability to do
transplantation or resection.
3. Patients should be followed-up for more than 12 months to exclude early recurrence
i.e. recurrence within 1 year.
4. Patients with INR < 1.5 or prothrombin concentration > 50%.
5. Platelet count > 50000 cell/mm3.
1. Presence of extra-hepatic metastasis or gross vascular invasion.
2. Child class C patients.
3. Follow up period of less than 12 months.