Enteral Nutrition Support in Children and Adolescents With Cancer: a Non-randomized Controlled Clinical Trial
- Were chemotherapy, age above one year and malnutrition
- A z-score of weight for height (zW/H) < -1.0 to -2.0 in children26 and ≥ 5th to <
15th of body mass index (BMI) in adolescents 27 were considered as mild malnutrition
- A zW/H < -2.0 in children and < 5th of BMI in adolescents as severe, respectively.28
In adults, the World Health Organization (WHO)29 cut-off values were applied: < 18.5
mild and < 17 severe malnutrition.
- Were corticosteroid or hormonal therapy
- Swallowing abnormalities
- Parenteral or tube feeding therapy
- Palliative care and presence of non cancer-related diseases.