Reducing Hair Loss With Volumetric Arc Therapy in Patients Treated With Whole Brain Radiotherapy: a Phase II Trial
- Brain metastases
- Age ≥ 18 years.
- Signed informed consent
- Recursive Partitioning Analysis (RPA) class III patients
- Recursive Partitioning Analysis (RPA) class I-II patients and >3 brain metastases
- Patients with small cell lung cancer extended disease eligible for prophylactic
Whole-Brain Radiotherapy (WBRT).
- Previous whole brain radiotherapy
Type of Study:
Allocation: Non-Randomized, Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
The European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC)quality of life questionnaire (C15-PAL and BN20) measured at 1 month following treatment.
Quality of life questionnaires are used.
Outcome Time Frame:
At 1 month.
Belgium: Ethics Committee
- Brain Metastases
- Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Patients treated with whole brain radiotherapy in the setting of brain metastases
- Patients treated with whole brain radiotherapy in the prophylactic treatment for small cell lung cancer (extended disease).
- Lung Neoplasms
- Neoplasm Metastasis
- Small Cell Lung Carcinoma
- Brain Neoplasms