Ultrasound Elastography of Rectal Cancer Patients Treated With Preoperative Chemoradiation
1. Patients with biopsy verified adenocarcinoma in the rectum ≤ 10 cm from the anal
2. T3/4 tumor assessed by transrectal ultrasound and MR, and CRMMR < 5 mm.
3. Life expectancy of more than 3 months.
4. Age ≥18 years.
5. Performance status ≤ 2 according to WHO.
6. Patient able to observe protocol guidelines.
7. Signed informed consent.
1. Previous radiation treatment for the pelvis.
2. Known distant metastases.
3. Serious disease contraindicating treatment, including cardiovascular disease.
4. Other malignant disease apart from curativly treated non-melanotic skin cancer and
previously treated carcinoma in situ cervicis uteri.
6. other disease making the patient unfit for study participation as assessed by