A Phase II Randomized, Open-label Study Investigating the Healing Effects of HP802-247 Versus Antibiotic Ointment in Mohs Micrographic Surgery Patients
- Provide informed consent.
- Age ≥ 18 years and of either sex.
- Type I, II, or III skin as assessed by the Fitzpatrick Scale.
- Willing to comply with protocol instructions, including allowing all study
- Scheduled to have head or neck non-melanoma skin cancers removed by Mohs micrographic
surgery with final wound size of 8 mm to 20 mm in diameter or with 8 mm to 20 mm long
axis if not circular.
- Acceptable state of health and nutrition, in the opinion of the Investigator.
- History of anaphylaxis, serum sickness, or erythema multiforme reaction to aprotinin,
bovine serum albumin or bovine serum proteins, penicillin, streptomycin, or
- Therapy with blood-thinning agents including aspirin within 14 days of the Baseline
Visit (these may be resumed post-surgery).
- Subjects with platelet or coagulation disorders.
- Therapy with another investigational agent within thirty (30) days of Screening, or
during the study.
- Current systemic therapy with cytotoxic drugs.
- Current therapy with chronic (> 10 days) oral corticosteroids.
- In the opinion of the Investigator the subject has a current life expectancy of less
than 1 year.