Trimodality Therapy for Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma: Radical Pleurectomy, Followed by Adjuvant Chemotherapy With Cisplatin/Pemetrexed and Radiotherapy
- Histologically confirmed diagnosis of MPM (all subtypes)
- Clinical T1-3, N0-2, M0 disease.
- No prior treatment for MPM.
- Adequate renal and liver function
- Adequate cardio-pulmonary reserves
- Patients with unresectable disease
- Patients with an active infection that require systemic treatments
- Patients with a concurrent active malignancy.
- Patients with serious medical illness.
Type of Study:
Observational Model: Cohort, Time Perspective: Prospective
To determine the overall 5-year survival rate.
Outcome Time Frame:
Joachim Schirren, MD, PhD
Germany: Ethics Commission
- Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma
- Radical Pleurectomy