1. Age 40 - 80.
2. A willingness to follow the study protocol, as indicated by provision of informed
consent to participate
3. Good general health
1. Familial colorectal cancer syndromes (e.g. Hereditary Non-Polyposis Colon Cancer,
Familial Adenomatous Polyposis)
2. Ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease.
3. History of large bowel resection for any reason
4. Diagnosed narcotic or alcohol dependence
5. Unwillingness to forgo curcumin/turmeric-containing supplements during the trial or
consumption of curry/turmeric at meals > 3 times a week.
6. Allergy to turmeric/curcumin.
7. Women with childbearing potential who do not agree to practice effective birth
8. Individuals with creatinine, AST or ALT above 1.5 times the upper limit of normal at
9. Personal or inherited bleeding disorders or therapeutic anti-coagulation with
10. Women who are pregnant or nursing.
11. Individuals who have taken antibiotics within the three months prior to enrollment.