The Value of the Trendelenburg Position During Routine Colonoscopy: A Pilot Study.
- Patient age between 18-75 years old.
- Colonoscopy performed for polyp surveillance or colon cancer screening purposes.
- Patient able to provide informed consent.
- History of colon resection
- History of inflammatory bowel disease
- History of ischemic optic neuropathy or glaucoma
- Patient unable to provide informed consent
- Patients who did not fast for ≥2 hours prior to presenting for the procedure
Type of Study:
Allocation: Non-Randomized, Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Screening
The time of the procedure from the insertion of the colonoscope until the cecal base is reached
Outcome Time Frame:
This outcome is measured when the cecum is intubated during a colonoscopy
Abdo M Saad, MD
University of Missouri-Columbia
USA: Institutional Review Board
- Focus of the Study:
- Head-Down Tilt