Preoperative Identification of the Sentinel Lymph Node in Breast Cancer, Using Ultrasound and Radio-isotope/Percutaneous Gamma Probe
- Diagnosed with invasive breast cancer suitable for primary surgical treatment
- Booked for surgical Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy
- Unable to give informed consent
- Known bleeding disorder
- Previous axillary surgery
- Previously treated for the current tumour with chemotherapy or hormone therapy
Type of Study:
Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Diagnostic
Is the sentinel lymph node marked preoperatively confirmed as the SLN at surgery?
Outcome Time Frame:
8 Months from start of trial.
United Kingdom: Research Ethics Committee
- Breast Cancer
- sentinel lymph node
- Breast Neoplasms