Participation in Procurement of Tissue, Serum, Plasma, Cell Bank, DNA and RNA Samples, and Urine for Biological Studies Related to Prostate Cancer and Prostate Cancer Treatment Follow Up
1. Informed consent explained and signed prior to any study related procedures.
2. Age ≥18 years
3. Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status of 2 or better, or
Karnofsky performance of 60% or better.
4. Histologically confirmed adenocarcinoma of the prostate within 10 years of study
5. Willingness to return to Mayo Clinic Rochester for follow-up or participate in
mail-in PSA processing.
6. Must be disease-free from a previous diagnosis of cancer for a period of time = 5
years excluding cutaneous malignancies of squamous cell or basal cell carcinoma.
1. Life expectancy < 5 years.
2. Inability to return to Mayo Rochester for follow-up appointments, sera, and urine
collection per protocol.
3. Previous or a concurrent diagnosis of cancers other than basal cell or invasive
squamous cell carcinoma of skin within the past 5 years.