"Assessment of the Influence of Intracranial Space Occupying Lesions on the Reliability Off Monitoring of the Bispectral Index for Detection of Return of Consciousness."
- Patients undergoing elective craniotomy for removal of frontal or frontotemporal
- Control group: Neurosurgical patients without intracranial pathology.
- Patient refusal
- Significantly increased intracranial pressure
- Uncontrolled arterial hypertension
- Significant coronary artery disease
- Anticipated difficult airway
- Decreased level of consciousness
- Existing motor weakness dominant arm/hand
- Impaired hearing
- Nausea, vomiting
Type of Study:
Observational Model: Case Control, Time Perspective: Prospective
Bilateral BIS values at return of consciousness in patients with and without supratentorial brain tumor.
Outcome Time Frame:
U Beese, Dr
University Medical Centre Groningen
Netherlands: Medical Ethics Review Committee (METC)
- Supratentorial Brain Tumor
- bispectral index
- Brain Neoplasms