An Open Label, Dose-Escalation Study to Evaluate Safety, Tolerability, Maximum Tolerated Dose (MTD), Efficacy, and Pharmacokinetics (PKs) of CPI-613 Given Twice Weekly for Three Consecutive Weeks in Patients With Advanced Hematologic Malignancies
- histologically or cytologically documented relapsed and/or refractory hematologic
- Karnofsky Performance Status (KPS) of >70%.
- Must be ≥18 years of age.
- Expected survival >1 month.
- Women of child-bearing potential must use accepted contraceptive methods
- No radiotherapy, treatment with cytotoxic agents (except CPI-613), treatment with
biologic agents or any anti-cancer therapy within the 3 weeks prior to treatment with
- Serious medical illness, such as significant cardiac disease (e.g. symptomatic
congestive heart failure, unstable angina pectoris, myocardial infarction within the
past 6 months, uncontrolled cardiac arrhythmia, or New York Heart Association Class
III or IV), or severe debilitating pulmonary disease, that would potentially increase
patients' risk for toxicity.
- Patients with active central nervous system (CNS) or epidural tumor.
- Any active uncontrolled bleeding, and any patients with a bleeding diathesis (e.g.,
active peptic ulcer disease).
- Pregnant women, or women of child-bearing potential not using reliable means of
- Lactating females because the potential of excretion of CPI-613 into breast milk.
- Life expectancy less than 1 month.
- Any condition or abnormality which may, in the opinion of the investigator,
compromise the safety of patients.