Preoperative Non-Invasive Motor Mapping in Tumor Surgery by Navigated Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
- Male or female subjects 18 years of age and over.
- A brain tumor in the vicinity of the central region.
- Mild (BMRC grade 4/5) or no paresis.
- Obscured anatomy of the central region due to the mass effect/infiltrating growth
pattern of the lesion
- Scheduled for elective surgery under general or local anesthesia.
- No other known brain abnormalities by history or by structural MRI.
- Mentally and physically able to undergo MR imaging (fMRI, DTI) and navigated TMS
- Signed informed consent form.
- Implanted metallic parts of implanted electronic devices, including pacemakers,
defibrillators, or implant medication pump.
- Pregnant or trying to become pregnant.
- History of alcohol abuse, illicit drug use or drug abuse or significant mental
- Hypertensive or hypotensive condition.
- Any condition that would prevent the subject from giving voluntary informed consent.
- An implanted brain stimulator.
- Aneurysm clip or other metal in the head (except mouth
- Enrolled or plans to enroll in an interventional trial during this study.
- Scalp wounds or infections.
- Claustrophobia precluding MRI
- Frequent seizures (>1/week)