A Phase II Trial of Focal Therapy in the Treatment of Patients With 1-3 Brain Metastases
- To determine the neurological death rate following the initiation of conformal
stereotactic radiotherapy in patients with 1-3 brain metastases.
- To determine the overall survival rate at 6 months.
- To determine the progression-free survival rate or brain metastases recurrence rate at
- To determine the time to neurological death, time to systemic death, and Karnofsky
- To determine the frequency and severity of adverse events associated with conformal
OUTLINE: Patients undergo conformal stereotactic radiotherapy over 5 days to an area
including 3 mm around the metastases or the surgical cavity. Patients may receive additional
radiotherapy if symptomatic metastases emerge at different sites.
After completion of study treatment, patients are followed up at 1 and 2 months and then
every 3 months thereafter.
Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
Neurological death rate
Mario Ammirati, MD
Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center
|Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute at Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center||Columbus, Ohio 43210-1240|