Cervical Cancer Detection Using Optical Spectroscopy
- undergoing colposcopy for the diagnosis of cervical cancer
- LEEP for the treatment of cervical cancer in early stages.
- Women under the age of 18 (minors) will be excluded from this study.
- patients less than 10 weeks or more than 34 weeks pregnant will be excluded.
- patients will be excluded if she has had a recent episode of bleeding or preterm
- Subjects who are not competent to give consent will excluded
Type of Study:
Primary Purpose: Diagnostic
Identification of optical signatures of cervical tissue
The primary outcome of this study is the identification of the optical signatures of cervical tissue.
Outcome Time Frame:
Day of procedure (less than 10 minutes)
Nimmi Ramanujam, Ph.D.
United States: Institutional Review Board
- Cervical Cancer
- cervical cancer
- Uterine Cervical Neoplasms
|Duke University Medical Center
||Durham, North Carolina 27710