Study of Diagnostic Tests Studying Kinetic Variation of Serum Matrix Metalloproteases After Surgical Treatment and/or Destruction by Radiofrequency in Patients With Hepatic Metastases From Colorectal Cancer
- Describe the kinetics of postoperative changes of serum matrix metalloproteinases (MMP)
(MMP-1, MMP-2, MMP-7, MMP-9) and their inhibitors (TIMP) (TIMP-1, TIMP-2) as a function
of surgical technique.
- Determine the predictive value of postoperative risk of recurrence.
- Correlate the risk of recurrence with surgical technique.
- Determine whether elevated serum levels of MMP are a better marker than the
carcinoembryonic antigen of hepatic or extrahepatic recurrence.
- Determine whether the postoperative serum of HGF/SF is correlated to changes in plasma
levels of MMPs.
OUTLINE: Blood samples are collected periodically before and after treatment to analyze for
metalloproteinases and their inhibitors.
After completion of study treatment, patients are followed at day 45 and then every 3 months
for 2 years.
Kinetics of postoperative changes of serum matrix metalloproteinases (MMP) and their inhibitors (TIMP)
University Hospital, Grenoble
United States: Federal Government