Prognosis in Palliative Therapy - a Prospective Study on Survival Prognostication in Advanced Stage Cancer Patients
- At presentation a clinical survival estimate is obtained in each patient.
- Survival is also estimated using published prognostic scores in palliative care.
- Prognostic scores based on blood samples, general symptoms, complaints, and performance
status are calculated and validated, respectively
- Each patient completes questionnaires on psychological distress
- Survival estimates are limited to 6 months.
- Each patient is followed for at least 6 months.
Observational Model: Cohort, Time Perspective: Prospective
Stephan Gripp, Dr.
Universtity Hospital Duesseldorf, Radiation Oncology Department
Germany: Ethics Commission