Computerized Assessment for Patients With Cancer-ESRA-C II
- This study includes two groups of participants: 1) Clinician Participants and 2)
- Patient participants will have already completed one ESRA-C 2 report, which is a usual
report in the clinic. If they decide to participate in the study, that report will be
used in the study as the first report (Timepoint 1). In addition, they will complete a
second report (Timepoint 2) and two more reports (Timepoint 3 and 4). Timepoint 3 will
be 6-8 weeks after the participants treatment begins; Timepoint 4 will be 2-4 weeks
after their treatment ends.
- The Timepoint 2 report will be within 24 hours before a clinic visit. The conversation
between the patient participant and the health care providers will be audio recorded.
- Half of the patient participants will also see additional information in the computer
program. The patient participants that are in this group can complete as many more
ESRA-C 2 reports as they wish and will be able to read additional information about
managing symptoms and quality of life issues, view graphs of their reports, add journal
entries, and share all their reports with caregivers.
- Clinician Participants will be asked to report brief demographics (age group, gender,
race/ethnicity, position). During clinic appointments, research staff will place a 3"
by 5" audio-recorder in the exam room just prior to some of the participant's visits.
Recordings will be de-identified before coding.
- After these visits, a research staff member will ask the clinician participant to
report briefly on their satisfaction in the visit. The participant can check their
responses on a piece of paper or dictate them.
Allocation: Randomized, Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Supportive Care
Symptom burden and quality of life 2-4 weeks post treatment
Donna L. Berry
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
United States: Institutional Review Board
|University of Washington Medical Center||Seattle, Washington 98195-6043|
|Dana-Farber Cancer Institute||Boston, Massachusetts 02115|