- Old < 18 years, male or female.
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia confirmed on the cytogenetic level by the presence of the
translocation t(9; 22) (q34; q11) or by the presence of transcript BCR-ABL in the
event of absence of description of the translocation t(9; 22) (q34; q11).
- Chronic phase of a chronic myeloid leukaemia
- Absence of extra-medullary disease (except for a hepatomegaly and/or of a
- Absence of any former treatment of chronic myeloid leukaemia except for hydroxyurea.
- Stop of hydroxyurea at least week before the beginning of the imatinib mesylate.
- Diagnosis of chronic myeloid leukaemia in chronic phase recent (less than 2 months).
- Score of Lansky ≥ 60.
- Effective contraception among patients in age to procreate.
- Written voluntary informed consent of the two parents or the legal guardian.
- Patients with grade 3 / 4 cardiac disease.
- Pathology cardiac, pulmonary, hepatic, renal or neurological of grade > 2 (WHO).
- Participation in a clinical trial in the 28 days preceding the beginning by the
- Impossible Follow-up during at least 2 years, patient not compliant.
- Expectant mother or nursing.