Reconstruction Following Pancreaticoduodenectomy: A Randomized Clinical Trial of Pancreaticojejunostomy vs Pancreaticogastomy
- Suspected pancreatic or periampullary neoplasm that appears to be resectable based on
preoperative imaging (CT scan and/or MRI) and are deemed medically fit to undergo PD.
- Patients less than 18 years of age will be excluded.
- As well, patients with distant metastasis, local unresectability, and/or gastric
involvement will be excluded.
Other exclusion criteria include:
- female subjects who are pregnant or nursing
- current use of an investigational drug
- currently receiving chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
Type of Study:
Allocation: Randomized, Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
elijah dixon, MD
University of Calgary
Canada: Ethics Review Committee
- Pancreas Cancer
- Periampullary Cancer
- Pancreatic Neoplasms