The Evaluation of Efficacy and Safety of Subsequent Cisplatin and Docetaxel Regimen In The First Line Treatment of Advanced Epithelial Ovarian Cancer
- Histologically/cytologically confirmed, optimally debulked stage III-IV epithelial
ovarian cancer excluding clear cell histology.
- ECOG Performance Status is 0-2
- No prior chemotherapy for this malignancy,
- Acceptable hematological profile (as defined by a leukocyte count ≥ 3000/mm3, a
platelet count ≥ 100.000mm3 and Hb ≥ 9g/100mL), and adequate renal function (as
defined by serum creatinine ≤ 1.5mg/dl or creatinine clearance by formulation ≥ 60
mL/min), and hepatic function (as defined by bilirubin ≤ 1.5 x maximum normal value
even with hepatic metastasis; transaminases (ALT, AST) ≤ 1.5 x maximum normal value;
alkaline phosphatase ≤ 2.5 x maximum normal value, except in case of a bone
- Concomitant use of another anti-cancer therapy
- Unstable medical condition that makes the patient unable to take part in a clinical
study (congestive heart failure, serious arrythmia, uncontrolled diabetes mellitus),
history of myocardial infarction within last 3 months, massive pleural, peritoneal or
pericardial effusion; or presence of serious uncontrolled infection.
- Presence of other tumours different from basal cell carcinoma of the skin.
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding. In women of childbearing potential and in men, an
adequate contraceptive method must be used
- Social or psychological condition that render the patient inadequate for the
follow-up of the study
- Contraindication for any of the study drugs (e.g. history of hypersensitivity to any
of the ingredients of the study drugs)
The above information is not intended to contain all considerations relevant to a
patient's potential participation in a clinical trial.