Phase IV Clinical Study Evaluating The Efficacy of Chemoradiotherapy Following Neoadjuvant Treatment With Docetaxel and Cisplatin in Indifferentiated and Non-keratinized Squamous Cell Carcinoma of Nasopharynx
- Histologically/cytologically confirmed, patients with stage T2b-T4N1 or TanyN2-3
undifferentiated or nonkeratinized squamous cell carcinoma of nasopharynx who are
candidate for curative radiotherapy.
- ECOG Performance Status is 0-1
- Weight loss within last 6 months <10% of body weight
- Acceptable haematological profile (as defined by a leukocyte count ≥ 4000/mm3, a
platelet count ≥ 100.000mm3 and Hb ≥ 9g/100mL), and adequate renal function (as
defined by serum creatinine ≤ 1.5mg/dl), and hepatic function (as defined by
bilirubin ≤ 1.5 x maximum normal value even with hepatic metastasis; transaminases
(ALT, AST) ≤ 1.5 x maximum normal value; alkaline phosphatase ≤ 2.5 x maximum normal
value, except in case of a bone metastasis)
- Patients with stage IVC or metastatic disease
- Patients treated with chemotherapy for nasopharyngeal cancer
- Patients treated with radiotherapy to head and neck region
- Concomitant use of another anti-cancer therapy
- Patients treated with amifostine or pilocarpine during protocol treatment.
- Unstable medical condition that makes the patient unable to take part in a clinical
study (congestive heart failure, serious arrhythmia, uncontrolled diabetes mellitus),
history of myocardial infarction within last 6 months, massive pleural, peritoneal or
pericardial effusion; or presence of serious uncontrolled infection.
- Presence of other tumours different from carcinoma of the skin except melanoma and
carcinoma in situ of the breast and cervix with disease free survival less than 5
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding. In women of childbearing potential and in men, an
adequate contraceptive method must be used
- Social or psychological condition that render the patient inadequate for the
follow-up of the study
- Contraindication for any of the study drugs (e.g. history of hypersensitivity to any
of the ingredients of the study drugs)
The above information is not intended to contain all considerations relevant to a
patient's potential participation in a clinical trial.