Pilot Study to Investigate the Role of Metabolic Imaging in Predicting Tumor Response and Outcome After Therapy for Pancreatic Cancer
- Adult patients (>18) with histologically confirmed adenocarcinomas of
the pancreas with a - treatment plan consisting of definitive or palliative radiation
therapy and/or chemotherapy with or without surgery.
- Negative urine pregnancy test if a woman of child-bearing potential (WOCBP).
- WOCBP must be using an adequate method of contraception to avoid pregnancy throughout
the study period.
- All patients will be evaluated in a uniform manner at the Stanford GI Combined
Modality Tumor Board to determine eligibility.
Exclusion Criteria:1. Uncontrolled intercurrent illness including, but not limited to,
ongoing or active infection, symptomatic congestive heart failure, unstable angina
pectoris, cardiac arrhythmia, or psychiatric illness/social situations that would limit
compliance with study requirements.
2. Any concurrent malignancy other than non-melanomaskin cancer, or carcinomainsitu of the
cervix. Patients with a previous malignancy without evidence of disease for >5 years will
be allowed to enter the trial.
3. WOCBP who is pregnant or breastfeeding. 4. Inability to sign written consent.