- Patients previously treated with radiation therapy (including radiosurgery), with or
without previous surgery or chemotherapy, with a new contrast enhancing lesion(s)
with the size of 1 cm or more on conventional brain MRI examination are eligible
- Patients must have a previously histological confirmed brain tumor
- Patients must be 18 years of age or older
- Patients must sign a study-specific consent form approved by the Institutional Review
Board of the University of Michigan indicating prior to study entry
- Pregnant woman
- For the purpose of this radiological study and in collecting data from the patient
but not from receiving the MR Spectroscopy if it is clinically indicated.
- Patients unable to undergo MRI imaging because of non-compatible devices such as
cardiac pacemakers, other implanted electronic devices, or foreign body in the eye
- Also patients with metallic prostheses, or ferromagnetic prostheses (e.g. pins in
artificial joints and surgical pins/clips in the face or skull region), or patients
with braces since these devices may cause metal artifacts which may obscure the
images and result in artifacts on the MR spectroscopy.