Bevacizumab and Carboplatin for Patients With Platin Resistant Epithelial Ovarian Cancer. A Phase II Study.
1. Histologically verified epithelial ovarian cancer, primary tubae- or primary
peritoneal cancer (Stage I-IV)
2. Carboplatin resistant ovarian cancer previously treated with a maximum of three
different cytostatic regimens (single substance or in combination).
3. Age ≥ 18 years.
4. Performance status 0-2.
5. Measurable disease according to CA125 GCIG criteria (Gynaecologic Cancer Intergroup)
or RECIST (Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors) (See appendix I+II)
6. Adequate bonemarrow, liver and kidney function and coagulation parameters (within
seven days of start of treatment).
7. ANC ≥ 1.5*109
8. Thrombocytes ≥ 100*10^9/L
9. Haemoglobin (Hb) ≥ 6 mmol/l
10. Se-bilirubin (BR) ≤ 1.5*ULN (Upper Limit of Normal)
11. Se-transaminase ≤ 2.5*ULN
12. Se-creatinin ≤ 1.5*ULN
13. Urin stix for protein <2+ (If stix shows protein ≥2+ urin must be measured 24 hours
where the protein content must be under 1 g.)
14. INR ≤1.5
15. APTT ≤ 1.5*ULN
16. Signed informed consent form.
1. Patients who have received other types of experimental treatment or participated in a
clinical study less than 28 days prior to this study.
2. Pregnant or breastfeeding women. A negative pregnancy test is mandatory for fertile
3. Fertile women, who do not wish to use safe contraception (e.g., birth control pills,
coil, gestagen deposit injection, subdermal implantation, hormonal vagina ring, and
transdermal deposit band-aid).
4. Untreated bowel obstruction or massive gastrointestinal tumors verified by CT scan.
5. Other present or previous malignant disease apart from curatively treated
non-melanoma skin cancer or other types of cancer with minimal risk of relapse.
7. Underlying medical disease not adequately treated (diabetes, cardiovascular disease).
8. Uncontrolled hypertension (persistent BP > 150/100 despite antihypertensive
9. Surgery incl. open biopsy less than 4 weeks before expected first dose of
10. Patients with non-healing wounds or fractures.
11. Previous cerebrovascular attack (TVA), transient ischaemic attack (TIA) or
subarachnoidal bleeding (SAH) within last six months.
12. Thromboembolic or haemorrhagic disease in the anamnesis.
13. Clinically significant cardiovascular disease including Myocardial infarction or
unstable angina less than 6 months prior to treatment
- New York heart Association NYHA class ≥ 2
- Poorly controlled cardial arrythmia despite medical treatment
- Peripheral vascular disease, grade 3 or above.
14. Present or previous chronical use of Aspirin (less than 10 days before start of
treatment) Aspirin > 325 mg daily.
15. Present or recent use of full dose oral or parenteral anticoagulant or thrombolytic
16. Preexisting neuropathy, sensoric or motoric ≥ grade 2.
17. Decreased hearing.
18. Bleeding tumor.
19. Hypersensitivity to the active substance or one or more of the other substances
contained in the protocol drugs.
20. Hypersensitivity to products from ovarian cells (CHO) from Chinese hamster or other
recombinant or humanized antibodies.