Prospective Phase II Trial of a Combination of Gemcitabine and UFT as First-Line Treatment in Elderly Patients With Advanced Non-Small Cell Carcinoma
- Histologically- or cytologically- confirmed Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer Stage IIIB/IV
- No prior chemotherapy
- Existence of measurable disease. The measurable disease should not have been
- Life expectancy of more than 3 months
- Age ≥ 70 years
- Performance status (ECOG):1 or 2
- Adequate bone marrow function (Absolute neutrophil count >1500/mm^3, Platelet
- Adequate liver (Bilirubin<2 times upper limit of normal and SGOT/SGPT<3 times upper
limit of normal) and renal function (creatinine<1.5mg/dl)
- Informed consent
- Psychiatric illness or social situation that would preclude study compliance.
- Other concurrent uncontrolled illness.
- Other invasive malignancy within the past 5 years except nonmelanoma skin cancer
- Currently/recently taken warfarin, phenprocoumon or phenytoin
- Hypersensitivity history to any drug