A Phase II Study of SU011248 for Maintenance Therapy in Hormone Refractory Prostate Cancer After First Line Chemotherapy
- Histological or cytological diagnosis of adenocarcinoma of the prostate
- Metastatic or locally recurrent disease not curable with standard therapy
- ECOG performance status 0, 1 or 2
- Prior single agent docetaxel or docetaxel combination chemotherapy with a documented
PSA or imaging response, and no objective evidence of disease progression at study
- Patients with a history of other invasive cancer, except adequately treated non
- melanoma skin cancer.
- Patients with known brain metastases.
- History of allergic reactions attributed to compounds of similar chemical or biologic
composition to SU011248.
- Other serious intercurrent illness or medical condition that might be aggravated by
Type of Study:
Allocation: Non-Randomized, Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
Progression Free Survival
Outcome Time Frame:
180 days without evidence of disease progression would be considered clinically worthy of further investigation
Bernhard Eigl, M.D.
Tom Baker Cancer Board
Canada: Health Canada
- Prostate Cancer
- Hormone Refractory
- Prostatic Neoplasms