1. Cancer patients with solid tumors at low risk for outpatient treatment of febrile
neutropenia evaluated in the EC and enrolled in outpatient febrile neutropenia
pathways (pathway 1 or 2). Low risk is defined as hemodynamically stable solid tumor
patients that do not have pneumonia or are on steroids. Febrile neutropenia is marked
by a temperature greater than or equal to 38.3 degrees Celsius and an absolute
neutrophil count (ANC) less than or equal to 1000 within 24 hours.
2. Patients must be able to speak, read and write in English.
3. Patients must be able to complete the required survey tools independently.
4. Patients must report a moderate to severe fatigue level to question # 3 of the BFI( 4
or greater on a 0-10 scale) on EC admission day.
5. Pregnant women if they meet eligibility criteria of the NF pathway and are able to
take the oral/IV antibiotic prescribed by th pathway.
6. Patient must be greater or equal to 18 years of age.
1) Patients will be excluded from the study if they are not on the neutropenic pathway at
the time of study entry.