A Phase I, Open-Label Study To Assess The Effect of ZD6474 (ZACTIMA) On Vascular Permeability In Patients With Advanced Colorectal Cancer and Liver Metastases
- Histologically confirmed metastatic colorectal adenocarcinoma (stage IV) with at
least 1 measurable hepatic lesion of 20 mm or more on MRI and for whom no standard
therapy is available.
- WHO Performance status 0 - 2.
- Life expectancy of at least 12 weeks
- Brain metastases or spinal cord compression, unless treated at least 4 weeks before
entry and stable without steroid treatment for 10 days or greater.
- Last dose of prior chemotherapy must be discontinued at least 4 weeks before the
start of study treatment.
- Last dose of radiotherapy received within 4 weeks before the start of study treatment
excluding palliative radiotherapy.
- Prior treatment with VEGFR TKIs
- Serum bilirubin . 1.5 x the upper limit of reference range.
- Serum creatinine >1.5 x ULRR or Creatinine clearance (as determined by the Cockcroft
- Gault method) less than or equal to 50 mL/min.
- ALT or AST >5 x ULRR
- ALP >5 x ULRR
- Evidence of severe or uncontrolled systemic disease or any concurrent conditions
which in the investigators opinion make it undesirable for the patient to
participate in the study or would jeopardize compliance with the protocol.
- Any unresolved toxicity greater than CTCAE Grade 2 for previous anti-cancer therapy.
- Significant cardiovascular event within 3 months before entry, or presence of cardiac
disease that in the opinion of the investigator increases the risk of ventricular
- History of arrhythmia which is symptomatic or requires treatment (CTCAE grade 3) or
asymptomatic sustained ventricular tachycardia. Atrial fibrillation, controlled by
medication is not excluded.
- Congenital long QT syndrome or 1st degree relative with sudden unexplained death
under of 40 years of age.
- Presence of Left Bundle Branch Block.
- QTc with Bazett's correction unmeasurable or greater than or equal to 480 msec or
greater of screening ECG.
- Potassium <4.0 mmol/L despite supplementation, serum calcium (ionized or adjusted for
albumin), or magnesium out of normal range despite supplementation.
- Women who are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Any concomitant medications that may cause QTc prolongation or induce or induce
Torsades de Pointes or induce CTP3A4 function.
- Hypotension not controlled by medical therapy.
- Participation in a clinical study of any investigational pharmaceutical agent within
30 days prior to commencing study treatment.
- Major surgery within 4 weeks or incompletely healed surgical incision.
- Previous or current malignancies of other histologies within the last 5 years, with
the exception of in situ carcinoma of the cervix and adequately treated basal cell or
Squamous cell carcinoma of the skin.
- Any contraindications to MRI scans.
- Involvement in the planning or conduct of the study.
- Previous enrollment or randomization of treatment in the present study.