Chemoprevention of Cancer in the Lower Female Genital Tract: The Antineoplastic Activity of the Fungicide Ciclopirox.
- Patients between the ages 18 and 75 years.
- Patients may be carriers of the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).
- Patients must have been diagnosed with precancerous lesion(s) of the vulva by tissue
sampling (biopsy-proven vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia grade II or III)
- Patients must be able to come to University Hospital for their initial appointment in
Gynecologic Oncology Clinic, and for the eight follow-up visits in that Clinic
required by the protocol.
- Pregnant or patients who are breast feeding a baby.
- Patients who have been diagnosed with a vaginal yeast infection.
- Patients who have undergone prior surgery for precancerous lesion(s) of the vulva.
Type of Study:
Allocation: Non-Randomized, Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Prevention
Bernadette Cracchiolo, MD, MPH
University of Medicine and Dentistry New Jersey
United States: Institutional Review Board
- Vulvar Cancer
- Vulvar Neoplasms
|University of Medicine and Dentistry of NJ
||Newark, New Jersey 07107