1. Patients with a diagnosis of ocular melanoma (a pigmented malignant tumor) involving
the choroid and/or ciliary body (the blood vessel layer in the back of the eye and/or
the part of the eye behind the iris).
2. Patients 18 years of age or older.
3. Patients able to give informed consent.
1. Patients who refuse to participate in the study.
2. Patients who are unable to cooperate with or cannot undergo PET/CT scanning.
3. Patients who will be moving out of the area of UCLA during the ten years of this
Type of Study:
Observational Model: Cohort, Time Perspective: Prospective
Tara A McCannel, MD, PhD
Jules Stein Eye Institute, UCLA
United States: Institutional Review Board
UCLA IRB #05-04-016
- Ocular Melanoma
- Choroidal Melanoma
- Uveal Melanoma
- Uveal Neoplasms
|Jules Stein Eye Institute
||Los Angeles, California 90095