Multi-Institutional Phase II Study of Weekly Docetaxel and Concurrent Radiotherapy for Laryngeal and Hypopharyngeal Cancer in the Group of Elderly and/or Patients With Medical Illness
- Determine the objective response of the primary tumor in patients with stage II or III
squamous cell carcinoma of the larynx or hypopharynx treated with docetaxel and
- Determine the local relapse-free survival of patients treated with this regimen.
- Determine the larynx-preservation survival of patients treated with this regimen.
- Determine the overall survival of patients treated with this regimen.
- Determine the protocol completion rate in patients treated with this regimen.
- Determine the adverse effects of this regimen in these patients.
OUTLINE: This is a multicenter study.
Patients receive docetaxel IV over 1 hour on days 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29 and undergo
radiotherapy on days 1-5, 8-12, 15-19, 22-26, and 29-33.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 25-50 patients will be accrued for this study.
Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
Objective response of primary tumor
Aichi Cancer Center
United States: Federal Government