Phase II Study of Calcitriol-Enhanced Docetaxel in Patients With Previously Untreated Metastatic or Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancer
- Determine the time to progression in patients with metastatic or locally advanced
pancreatic cancer treated with calcitriol and docetaxel.
- Determine the median and one-year survival of patients treated with this regimen.
- Determine the overall response in patients treated with this regimen.
- Determine the toxic effects of this regimen in these patients.
- Determine the change in pancreatic cancer-induced pain in patients treated with this
OUTLINE: Patients receive oral calcitriol on days 1, 8, and 15 and docetaxel IV over 15-30
minutes on days 2, 9, and 16. Courses repeat every 4 weeks in the absence of disease
progression or unacceptable toxicity.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 40 patients will be accrued for this study.
Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
Time to progression
Charles D. Blanke, MD, FACP
OHSU Knight Cancer Institute
United States: Federal Government
|Oregon Health & Science University Cancer Institute||Portland, Oregon 97239-3098|