The Use of Mole Mapping Diagrams to Increase Skin Self Examination Accuracy
- Male and female subjects above age 18 of any ethnicity will be enrolled in this
- Subjects will be excluded from the study if they have significant skin disease which
would not allow manipulation of their photographs consistent with the rest of the
- Since the study instructions are in English, Non-English speakers will be excluded.
- Those with co-morbidity sufficiently severe to prevent them from being able to
perform a SSE will be excluded.
- In addition, those with cognitive impairment who are unable to give informed consent,
or to understand the study instructions given to them, will be excluded.
Type of Study:
Allocation: Randomized, Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment, Masking: Single Blind
Martin A Weinstock, MD, Ph.D
Veterans Affairs Medical Center Providence, RI
United States: Federal Government
- Skin Self Examination
- Mole Mapping Diagram