Comportemental and Neuropsychologic Study of Children With Neurofibromatosis Type 1 Treated by Methylphenidate. A Double-blind Randomised Study Methylphenidate Versus Placebo
- Age 7-12 years
- IQ between 80-120.
- Gender: male or female
- Children with neurofibromatosis type 1 (according to the National Institutes of
Health [NIH] 1988).
- Patients with school difficulties pointed out by parents or teachers
- Patients with attention difficulties as defined by anamnesis
- IQ > 120 or IQ < 80
- Child depression
- Unwillingness to participate
- Patients with cerebral complication of neurofibromatosis type 1 (chiasma glioma,
moya-moya) as detected by cerebral magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- Participation in another study
Type of Study:
Allocation: Randomized, Intervention Model: Crossover Assignment, Masking: Double-Blind
Effect of methylphenidate compared to placebo on ADHD. Time of measurements are realised on day 0, day 28, day 63 + 2 days.
Laurence LION-FRANCOIS, MD
Service de Neuropédiatrie - Hôpital Femme Mère Enfant - Hospices Civils de Lyon - 59 bd Pinel - 69677 BRON - France
France: Afssaps - Agence française de sécurité sanitaire des produits de santé (Saint-Denis)
- Neurofibromatosis Type 1
- Neurofibromatosis type 1
- Attention deficit with hyperactivity disorder school difficulties
- Neurofibromatosis 1
- Osteitis Fibrosa Cystica