A Phase II Multi-Dose Study of SGN-30 (Anti-CD30 mAb) in Patients With Primary Cutaneous Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma, Large Cell Transformation of Mycosis Fungoides, and Lymphomatoid Papulosis
- Patients must have a definite diagnosis.
- Patients must be histologically confirmed CD30 positive within 3 months of enrollment
- Patients with pcALCL must have target lesions present for at least 1 month without
- pcALCL patients must have failed treatment with local radiation therapy, or failed
systemic therapy of a single agent
- Patients must be considered an eligible candidate for systemic therapy as determined
by the investigator
- All patients must have a three week wash-out from previous treatments, unless in the
opinion of the investigator it is not in the best interest of the patient, at which
point the individual case must be discussed with the medical monitor prior to
- Patients must have an ECOG performance status of < 2 (Appendix B) and a life
expectancy > six months.
- Patients must be at least 18 years of age.
- Patients must be available for periodic blood sampling, study-related assessments,
and management of toxicity at the treating institution.
- Females of childbearing potential must have a negative HCG pregnancy test result
within three days of enrollment. All patients must agree to use an effective
contraceptive method during the course of the study.
- Patients must give written informed consent.
- Required baseline laboratory data: Absolute neutrophil count greater than or equal to
to 1,000/mm3, Platelet count greater than or equal to 75,000/mm3, Serum bilirubin
less than or equal to 1.5 times ULN, Serum creatinine less than or equal to 1.5 times
ULN, BUN less than or equal to 1.5 times ULN, SGOT less than or equal to 2.5 ULN,
SGPT less than or equal to 2.5 ULN
Criteria for Exclusion
- Patients with Sezary syndrome, or any type of lymphoproliferative disease other than
pcALCL, T-MF or LyP
- Patients with systemic ALCL or extracutaneous involvement of cutaneous ALCL
- Patients with known active systemic viral, bacterial, or fungal infection
- Patients who are known to be HIV, Hepatitis B, or Hepatitis C positive
- Patients who have been treated previously with any anti-CD30 antibody
- Patients with a known hypersensitivity to recombinant proteins or any excipient
contained in the drug formulation
- Patients with a history of other malignancies during the past five years with the
exception of adequately treated basal or squamous cell skin cancer or cervical
carcinoma in situ
- Patients with symptomatic cardiac disease including ventricular dysfunction, coronary
artery disease, or arrhythmias
- Patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Patients with any serious underlying medical condition that would impair their
ability to receive or tolerate the planned treatment
- Patients with dementia or altered mental status that would preclude understanding and
rendering of informed consent