A Phase II Randomized Study Evaluating the Safety and Efficacy of ABT-510 in Subjects With Locally Advanced or Metastatic Soft Tissue Sarcoma
A subject will be eligible for study participation if all of the following criteria are
- The subject is at least 18 years of age.
- The subject has histologically confirmed high grade locally advanced or metastatic
soft tissue sarcoma (excluding Ewings sarcoma and chondrosarcoma) not amenable to
surgery, radiotherapy or combined modality therapy with curative intent.
- The subject must have at least one lesion with measurable disease by RECIST criteria
using CT or MRI.
- The subject has received no more than two cytotoxic treatment regimens, not including
adjuvant therapy for sarcoma.
- The subject has an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance score of
- The subject is able to self-administer or has a caregiver who can reliably administer
- The subject must have adequate bone marrow, renal and hepatic function as follows:
- Bone marrow: White blood cell count (WBC) greater than or equal to 3,000/mm3;
Platelets; greater than or equal to 100,000/mm3; Hemoglobin greater than or
equal to 9.0 g/dL;
- Renal function: Serum creatinine less than or equal to 2.0 mg/dL;
- Hepatic function: Bilirubin less than or equal to 1.5 mg/dL; AST and ALT less
than or equal to 1.5 X the upper normal limit (ULN) unless liver metastases are
present, then AST and ALT less than or equal to 5.0 x ULN.
- The subject must not be pregnant or lactating and all subjects (male and female) must
use a contraceptive method deemed acceptable by the investigator while in the study
and for up to two months following completion of therapy.
- The subject has voluntarily signed and dated an Institutional Review Board
(IRB)/Independent Ethics Committee (IEC) approved consent prior to any study specific
A subject will be ineligible for study participation if any of the following criteria are
- The subject has a history of or currently exhibits Central Nervous System (CNS)
metastasis. Brain MRI within 28 days of enrollment is required to confirm absence of
- The subjects is receiving therapeutic anticoagulation therapy. Low dose
anticoagulation (e.g. low dose Coumadin) for catheter prophylaxis will be permitted;
PT/PTT must be within normal limits.
- The subject has a history of or currently exhibits clinically significant cancer
related events of bleeding (e.g. hemoptysis). The subject has a recent history
(within 4 weeks of Study Day 1) or currently exhibits other clinically significant
signs of bleeding.
- The subject has received any therapy for sarcoma including chemotherapy, radiotherapy
or any investigational therapy.
- The subject exhibits evidence of clinically significant uncontrolled condition(s)
and/or is considered by the investigator to be unable to tolerate the proposed
treatment or procedures.
- The subject has history of other previous malignancies within five years, with the
exception of:Adequately treated in situ carcinoma of the cervix uteri; Basal or
squamous cell carcinoma of the skin.
- The subject's life expectancy is less than 12 weeks.