Pharmacokinetics of Weekly Docetaxel in Patients Age 65 and Older With Metastatic Breast or Lung Cancer
- Determine the pharmacokinetics of docetaxel in older patients with metastatic breast,
lung, or prostate cancer.
- Determine the response of patients treated with this drug.
- Determine the toxicity of this drug in these patients.
- Determine the short-term changes in functional status, in terms of activities of daily
living, independent activities of daily living, and Karnofsky performance status, in
patients treated with this drug.
- Correlate the number of comorbid conditions at baseline with declines in functional
status in patients treated with this drug.
OUTLINE: Patients receive docetaxel IV over 30 minutes once weekly for 3 weeks. Courses
repeat every 4 weeks in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 20 patients will be accrued for this study within 1 year.
Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
Pharmacokinetics of docetaxel
Arti Hurria, MD
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
United States: Federal Government
|Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center||New York, New York 10021|