Eligible cases will be defined as those patients and their family members who meet the
- Barrett's esophagus confirmed by review of pathology and endoscopy report or
adenocarcinoma of the esophagus or family members of person with Barrett's esophagus
or adenocarcinoma of the esophagus.
- Male or female age 18 or older at time of enrollment or male or female less than 18
years of age at time of enrollment with parental consent.
- Ability to give informed consent, if patient is age 18 or older.
- No history of radiation to the chest or abdomen.
- No history of chemotherapy in the year preceding the initial diagnosis of Barrett's
esophagus or esophageal adenocarcinoma.