A Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Azithromycin in Individual Patients With Serious Nontuberculous Mycobacterial Disease Who Are Failing or Intolerant of Other Available Therapy
- Other antimicrobial drugs as long as documented on Case Report Form.
Patients must have:
- Serious nontuberculous mycobacterial infection.
- Approval of eligibility from Pfizer Clinical Monitor. Patients below the legal age of
consent must have consent of parent or guardian.
- Pregnant women, women of childbearing potential, and children will not be
specifically excluded from participation. However, patients and physicians should be
aware that the safety of azithromycin during pregnancy and in long-term use in
children and adults has not been established. The risks and benefits of azithromycin
use in these patients will be considered in consultation with the physician and the
Pfizer Clinical Monitor.
Patients with the following symptoms or conditions are excluded:
- Disseminated Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) who are eligible for treatment with
azithromycin under protocol 066-162.
- Known hypersensitivity or intolerance to macrolide antibiotics.
Patients with the following prior conditions are excluded:
History of hypersensitivity or intolerance to azithromycin.