Dr. Kirti Kalidas
The Center for Natural & Integrative Medicine
Kirti M. Kalidas M.D., N.D. is a Board Certified Physician in Internal Medicine who has been practicing for more than twenty years. He has served on the medical staff at both Florida Hospital and Orlando Regional Medical Center. Concerned about contradictory health claims and pharmaceutical side-effects, and sincerely interested in curing health problems instead of masking the symptoms, Dr. Kalidas spent an additional two years broadening his medical knowledge at the National College of Naturopathic Medicine. He is now one of few physicians in the country to hold dual doctorate degrees, and is thus uniquely positioned to truly integrate both disciplines to optimize wellness.
Health and disease come from a complex interaction of physical, emotional, dietary, genetic, environmental, lifestyle, and other factors. Dr. Kalidas prefers safe, effective, non-invasive and supportive therapies to treat a patient as a whole person to restore their natural balance. With his allopathic clinical experience enhanced by his naturopathic degree, Dr. Kalidas is in a unique position to be able to truly integrate both disciplines. As a lecturer and an educator, he holds monthly seminars to raise public awareness about the benefits of natural medicine.
With this advanced training and increased knowledge, Dr Kalidas offers treatment options in Natural Therapeutics and Preventative Medicine. By treating the whole person, these programs optimize immune functions decreasing illness and enhancing the positive outcome for health and well being. His functional approach truly provides, “A bridge to health, hope, and healing.”
Most of us don’t think of treating ourselves as a whole when treating our cancer. Doctor Kalidas shows us how using natural therapies coupled with conventional medicine can create the most comprehensive treatment plan. Sit back, as he walks us through a proactive strategy to cancer management. Press play, engage and enjoy!
1. So we can understand the overall context, generally describe what integrative cancer management is?
2. What are the primary benefits of using conventional treatments?
3. Similarly, what are the primary benefits of naturopathic therapies?
4. How is the fusion of these two methods of care vital in creating a more comprehensive treatment plan?
5. From the physicians viewpoint, what are some of the most important factors to consider when developing an integrative treatment plan?
6. Why is the mind and body connection so crucial when using integrative therapy?
7. Why is communication so important in creating a working relationship between conventional treatment and naturopathic therapy, especially when working with several different doctors?
8. In most cancer cases, what are the 4 most important factors when healing through naturopathic medicine?
9. As treating cancer can become a financial burden, is integrative cancer therapy any more cost heavy or cost friendly than solely using conventional treatment and why?
10. What are some good tips on what to look for when seeking a trusted integrative therapist?