Monitoring of Neoadjuvant Therapy in Locally-Advanced Breast Cancer
1. Locally advanced breast cancer, with or without metastatic disease
2. Patient to receive systemic therapy
3. Breast size and epithelial integrity adequate to allow alternate imaging exams.
4. Patient able to provide written informed consent.
5. No serious associated psychiatric illness
6. Age ≥ 18 years old
1. Cardiac pacemaker
2. Any implanted electronic device
3. Severe claustrophobia
4. Allergy to the MRI contrast agent gadolinium
Type of Study:
Observational Model: Cohort, Time Perspective: Prospective
Correlate changes in each imaging modality with objective response to therapy, as defined by conventional criteria (clinical exam and conventional imaging).
Outcome Time Frame:
at baseline, at conclusion of treatment (up to 6 months)
United States: Food and Drug Administration
- Locally Advanced Breast Cancer
- Breast Neoplasms
|Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center||Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756|